Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Balancing Mommy Time

Ellie is five months old and we have finally gotten into a routine again after moving to Georgia.  She is a champion napper, which helps me in the morning while I work.  She is getting better at sleeping at night, but Eugene and I bought Dr. Karp's The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep to help us along. 

I have noticed something that has changed in me the longer I have been a mother.  I feel like I have developed some sort of mild form of ADD.  When I am finished with work and Ellie is taking her afternoon nap, I struggle with what to do with my time.  I have so much that I want to get done and need to get done, that I bounce around, trying to figure out what to do.  So far, napping wins most of the time.

I, like everyone I know, is obsessed with Pinterest, and am partially in the middle of a few crafts.  That is part of my mania.  Do I crochet, work on the yarn-covered "M" for the shelf in our bedroom that I haven't hung up yet, put together the cabinet for the sunroom to house my craft supplies and various sundries, read, clean, do laundry, or nap.  Oh, and exercising. I should be doing that.  Seriously, these things spin through my mind any time Ellie sleeps. 

I'm sure I will eventually get better at prioritizing my free time.  Right now, I think I need to just focus on getting enough rest so I can have the energy to play with Ellie and occupy her time when she is awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment